Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The latest addition to our Artist Series is a collaboration with illustrator Genevieve Gail. She provided us with a trio of wise birds for our already smart phone and a whimsical interpretation of a classic look. Here is a little bit about the artist in her own words.

Where did all the owls come from?
I've always loved drawing birds and my grandma gave me the coolest vintage owl necklace that inspired me to do a collection of my own.

Where do you go /What do you do to get inspired?
I'd say my biggest inspirations are music, nature, and anything vintage. I love to get my hands on new albums and just play them for hours and hours and paint or design products on the computer. I also love antique stores. They are super inspiring to me and I always leave with a million ideas swirling around in my head!

You seem to have worked in many mediums. Which is your favorite?
Hmmmm....that's a tough one! I guess it depends on what day of the week it is. I like having a mixture of different things to do- drawing, painting, making jewelry, product design- it keeps things fresh and exciting to have different creative outlets. Although I will say there's nothing better than sitting outside on a nice Georgia day with my sketchbook...

Click here to purchase a "Hooters" cover in Cherry or Walnut.

To see more of Genevieve's work and inspiration you can check out her blog www.genevievegail.blogspot.com



No comments: